Turkey day is upon us and we’re beyond excited for the ultimate feast. Everything has been planned from the appetizers to the desserts. There’s only one item left on the to-do list. What to drink? So, we’ve paired some of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes with cocktails of complimentary flavors.
The main attraction Thanksgiving day, turkey is best paired with dry spirits such as white wine or tart berries like cranberries. The Kir Royal combines Champagne with black currant liqueur, Creme de Cassis.
- 3 oz Champagne
- 1/3 oz Crème de cassis
- Add the crème de cassis to the bottom of the glass.
- Top up champagne.
Ah stuffing, turkey’s sidekick. The bready and savory flavors are matched here with the smokey flavors of Scotch.
- 2 ounces good-quality blended Scotch whisky
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- Dash of angostura bitters
- Add the Scotch, vermouth, and bitters to a mixing glass with ice. Stir, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with Maraschino Cherry
What is Thanksgiving without the tart sweetness of cranberry sauce? Pair this Thanksgiving staple with a Cognac cocktail like the Sidecar.
- 1 1/2 ounces Cognac
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Rim a coupe glass with sugar.
- Shake all ingredients with ice until chilled.
- Strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Green beans combined with mushroom soup and topped with crispy onions. This creamy and salty side dish is paired with the smooth dryness of a classic gin martini. For added bonus garnish with a pickled green bean.
- 2 ounces dry gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- Stir with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an olive or lemon peel.
We complete out our holiday meal with pumpkin pie. The pie’s ginger and spice is complimented with the flavors of apple and maple in an Apple Jack Old Fashioned. Sit back and sip as a reward for a job well done.
Apple Jack Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces Apple Brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Stir with ice.
- Strain into rocks glass.
- Garnish with orange peel
Download bevRAGE and discover Thanksgiving savings on your favorite spirits.