The holiday season wouldn’t be complete without a sweet and creamy glass of Egg Nog. Providing merriment since the 1700’s, there are many variations of this custard style cocktail. By combining a few simple ingredients you can create this holiday treat to enjoy with family and friends.
Easy Boozy Egg Nog
- 3 cups Whole milk
- 3 cups Heavy cream
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup Cognac Brandy
- In a saucepan combine milk, cream, vanilla & spices.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- With a mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until fluffy.
- To temper the eggs, whisk in 1/3 cup hot milk mixture to eggs and sugar.
- Slowly whisk in remaining milk mixture. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Strain and stir in bourbon.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Top with grated nutmeg before serving.